Galveston Memorial Park Cemetery was organized by Sam J. Levy, Walter L. Norwood, and Fred C. Pabst May 29, 1925. The original tract was 62 acres with additional acreage added in more recent years. It was the first cemetery in Galveston County to offer Perpetual Care. The cemetery is still owned and operated by Galveston County families.
The setting of magnificent moss-covered oaks, lush magnolias, evergreen pines give Galveston Memorial Park Cemetery natural beauty, serenity, and colorful history. Many prominent families of Galveston and Galveston County are interred on its grounds. The beauty abounds through the ages.